- This set contains exquisite reproductions of Anna Atkins delicate botanical cyanotype prints on blank note cards. The attractive keepsake box can be used long after the cards have been sent. These cards can also be framed and mounted on your wall in a unique, eye-catching grouping.
Anna Atkins (British, 1799-1871) was the first woman in the history of photography to produce a significant body of pictures, "British Algae: Cyanotype Impressions", a book that consisted of actual photographs. Trained as a botanist, she created hundreds of shadow pictures of botanical specimens, among these the six stunning cyanotypes gathered here.
- Keepsake box measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" x 1 1/2"
- Note cards measure 4 7/8" x 3 15/16"
- 4 designs, 5 of each + one extra envelope
- Box lid has magnetic closure
- Item #: NCP82