- This elegant tote bag features one of Claude Monet's most iconic paintings of waterlilies.
- Printed on one side with black interior lining
- Features zip pocket, inside cell phone pocket, inside pocket, and top zip closure
- 19.5 inches W x 14.5 inches L x 6 inches D
- 80% Cotton, 20% Polyester
- Item #: 70201D
Monet was famous for paintings of the waterlilies and pond that were on the property of his country home outside Paris in Giverny. Beginning in 1903, Monet embarked on a series of paintings depicting his water garden at Giverny, its lily pads and endless play of reflections. Inspired by Japanese prints, he hoped to evoke 'presence through shadow and the whole through the part'—suggesting the surrounding banks, trees, and sky, though never representing them directly. In 1909 Monet exhibited forty-eight of these 'water landscapes' at his dealer’s gallery in Paris, among them the painting represented on this tote bag. The painting is housed in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.