- Scented candle in Limoges porcelain holder with Calla Lily image, reproduced from a photograph by Robert Mapplethorpe (1946-89). Comes boxed with artist information.
- Candle dimensions: 3 inches in diameter at top x 2-7/8 inches tall
- Box dimensions: 3-3/16 inches wide x 3 inches high x 3-1/8 inches deep
- Scented with Nuit fleurie (Flowery Evening), created by Givaudan
- 4.9 oz.
- Care Instructions: Hand Wash
- Made in France
- Item #: BGRM05
American photographer, Robert Mapplethorpe, received a BFA from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and took his first photographs using a Polaroid camera. In the mid-seventies, using a large format press camera, he began taking photographs of friends, artists, composers, socialites and other members of the New York underground. In the 1980's his photography shifted to a refined formal classicism with emphasis on the beauty of subjects, concentrating on delicate flower still lifes, statuesque nudes and formal portraits.
Robert Mapplethorpe, American