- Now that you've bought that amazing new DSLR, you need a book that goes beyond the camera manual to capture stunning images. For digital photographers interested in black and white, this guide will help beginning- and intermediate-level shooters conquer the fundamentals and take amazing shots.
Pro photographer John Batdorff starts with the basics, including composition, light, contrast, exposure, and when to choose black and white. He covers all the key camera features (regardless of what type of DSLR you have) that affect your image, including the shutter speed's ability to freeze and convey motion, and the aperture's direct correlation with depth of field. Once you've captured those great shots, John takes you step by step through the color conversion process to black and white in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom using simple presets. He also covers the enhancements and features that can be added using Nik Silver Efex Pro software-from presets to control points using U-Point Technology.
Follow along with your friendly and knowledgeable guide and you will:
- Learn to see in black and white by understanding contrast, texture, and lighting
- Understand all the best tricks and techniques for getting great black and white action shots, landscapes, and portraits
- Create your own digital workflow by understanding the basics of post processing in Lightroom, then go beyond the basics with Nik Silver Efex Pro
- Share your images and learn tips on printing and presenting your work online
- John Batdorff
- 207 pages
- 0.41 H x 9.2 L x 7.51 W