- This French Dot Pattern Clock depicts an artist's rendition of a 19th-century color-manual in the collection of the Getty Research Institute. This unique clock is handmade by an artisan in California and comes in a gift box.
- Dimensions (including frame): 5.5 inches x 5.5 inches x 2 inches
- Black wood frame with 1 inch border
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Requires one AA battery, not included
- Also available in a medium 12 inch wall clock and a 9 inch wall clock
- Item #: CLKDPS
Jean-François Persoz’s color-manual, Theoretical and Practical Treatise for Printing on Fabric, was embraced by French Impressionist artists as a revolutionary landmark in the history of color-theory and its practical artistic applications. Presented in the work is a dizzying tour-de-force of a master chemist’s intimate knowledge of the creation of color.
Source Object Information:
Jean-François Persoz (French, 1805–1868)
Traite theorique et pratique de l’impression des tissus (Theoretical and practical treatise of printing on fabric)
Paris and Leipzig, 1846, pl. 2.
The Getty Research Institute, 2821-853
2009 Collections Council gift.