- Located at the base of the Acropolis in the Plaka, the oldest section of Athens, is a charming workshop and gallery where artisan Sofia Gani creates intricately detailed replicas of classical Greek Vases. Beautifully hand-painted, Sofia meticulously reproduces Corinthian, Geometric, Red or Black Figure designs on each unique terracotta piece.
- Terracotta clay
- Dark painting on light ground
- 6.5 inches high x 3.5 inches diameter x 2 inches base diameter
- Dust gently, wipe with damp cloth
- For decorative use only, not food safe
- Handcrafted and painted in Athens, Greece
- Item #: BOST AMP 15
The geometric amphora vase was a style prevalent throughout the Greek world. The motifs generally derive from textile patterns, the most distinctive being the Meander with the familiar ornamental pattern on both sides. The word is derived from the river Meander in Turkey, which twists and turns around upon itself like the ancient ornament. Elements of design include the Greek key, rosettes, and animal details.