- Located at the base of the Acropolis in the Plaka, the oldest section of Athens, is a charming workshop and gallery where artisan Sofia Gani creates intricately detailed replicas of classical Greek vases. Beautifully hand-painted, Sofia meticulously reproduces Corinthian, Geometric, Red or Black Figure designs on each unique terracotta piece.
- Terracotta clay
- 12 inches high x 9.5 inches diameter x 8 inches base diameter
- Dust gently, wipe clean with damp cloth
- For decorative use only, not food safe
- Handcrafted in Athens, Greece
- Item #: stam 30
A Greek stamnos is a red figure wide-mouthed jar with an offset neck, often lidded, and usually has two handles. The stamnos was used like a krater for mixing wine and water. Like an amphora, the vase was also used as a general storage jar for liquids and small food stuffs.