- This stunning Greek amphora vase features a depiction of Herakles. Often referred to as a belly amphora, an amphora vase is a wide-mouthed jar with vertical handles on both sides and a wide body. The amphora was used as general-purpose container that could hold liquid (honey, milk, oil, wine or water), dry goods, or small foods such as olives.
- Terracotta clay
- 8 inches high x 5 inches diameter x 3 inches diameter base
- Dust gently; wipe with damp cloth
- For decorative use only - not food safe
- Handcrafted in Athens, Greece
- Item #: amph herk 20
Located at the base of the Acropolis in the Plaka, the oldest section of Athens, is a charming workshop and gallery where artisan Sofia Gani creates intricately detailed replicas of classical Greek Vases. Beautifully hand-painted, Sofia meticulously reproduces Corinthian, Geometric, Red or Black Figure designs on each unique terracotta piece.